[thelist] iframe in netscape 6/mozilla

Alan Storm gliff at rochester.rr.com
Tue Apr 17 00:07:31 CDT 2001

At 07:17 PM 4/16/01 -0700, James Aylard wrote:
>	Try setting height and width values for your div, or place some other
>content within the div that will force the div to expand. Assigning
>percentage values to an iframe and placing it in a div which has no fixed
>dimensions or other content is a recipe for confusion.

I figured the same thing, and tried adding a height = "100%" attribute to
the div, and it didn't do anything.  However, then the inscrutable aardvark
wrote

>suppose there's no convenient way to use style attributes to do the
>width, right?

Heh. Oops.  The things your mind blocks out.  Once I applied a height and
width with *style sheets*, everything worked fine.  Which means I can keep
the liquidy idea in my head alive.

http://www.gliff.org/test/iframework.html

However, I'm still curious why wrapping the iframe in a 100% height/width
table resulted in the same skooshed iframe.
(http://www.gliff.org/test/tables.html).  There should be plenty of room
for it to expand. Is this buggy iframe implementation, or am I asking HTML
to do something it's not "allowed" to do?  Anyone have a clue?

Thanks to James and aardvark for unwittingly teaming up to dust off my
brain and solving the immediate problem.

--
Alan Storm