[thelist] Cold Fusion Forms and Cookies Help

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Apr 17 07:27:30 CDT 2001

It's perfectly fine to NOT pass CFTOKEN and CFID as long as the system is
using it's own session management system. Is there any way you can share
some of the code? It sounds like something wierd is going on.

If the ablecommerce software wants to use it's OWN ID + CF's session
tracking, then you need to pass CFTOKEN and CFID via the query string for
those who have turned off cookies. This is easy to do to since CF
automatically creates a variable, Session.URLTOKEN, that contains the values
in the proper format. (Ie, you can do: a href="foo.cfm?#Session.URLTOKEN#")

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482