[thelist] question about fdf and pdf

Alexandre Lessertisseur lessert at aim.fr
Tue Apr 17 11:12:38 CDT 2001

Hello,
I'm sorry to disturb you, but you seem more advanced than i am, and also
you have faced the current problem i'm dealing with :
I need to save pdf files onto my server for backup.
But my pdf are generated with an fdf file that takes the data from my db
and fill the forms of the pdf "template". (i'm also using coldfusion
server application)
The problem is that i don't save a real pdf but an fdf (even if the
extension of the file is .pdf) so if my database change or crash i will
lose my archives.
The syntax i'm using for the fdf is :

%FDF-1.2
  1 0 obj <<
  /FDF <<
  /Fields
  [
   <<
    /T(name)
    /V(#r_societeinfo.nom#)

]
  /F(#Application.PdfPath#template.pdf)

  endobj
  trailer
  <</Root 1 0 R>>
  %%EOF

Another problem is that i need to merge several pdf filled form together
to make a global pdf archive navigation, but i haven't figured out yet
how to do it because i need "real" (hardcoded) pdf, since i can't use
the addtemplate in fdf to do it (to many changes to do)

I'm sorry again bother you, but if you have little time to help me, i
will be really thanksfull.
Thanks by advance.
P.S. sorry for my poor english