[thelist] quoting attributes was not filling total width

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Tue Apr 17 13:49:15 CDT 2001

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski wrote:
> if i recall what i've read correctly, PHP doesn't care about single vs.
> double quotes;

<snips>
> that is, echo('bob') and echo("bob") do the same thing, so
> long as you pair like with like.  thus, you can use single quotes, like so:
>
> print     '<tr><td width="100%">';

Usually, that's fine. The kicker is if you have a variable in there,
single quotes and double quotes aren quite different:

<?php
$world="world";
echo 'hello $world';
echo "<br>";
echo "hello $world";
?>

Produces:
hello $world
hello world

The first chapters in the manual on the PHP site are pretty good for
this backgroundy stuff. It's worth revisiting as your skills develop. I
find as I learn more, that in going to back to material I pick up things
I missed in first passes.

http://php.net/

Best,
	Joe <http://artlung.com/>