[thelist] CSS hover not validating at W3C

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Tue Apr 17 18:30:28 CDT 2001

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
>I get "no error or warning found":

Thanks to you both for checking this out. What threw me initially is that I
first checked it in CSS2 and it coughed at Hover, giving me an error. Then,
I tried CSS1; same cough. But, there was a problem with a double-declaration
I gave another element (in both my remote.css and document-wide
instructions). That must have caused it. When I fixed that, lo, it validated
in CSS2. My ignorance is showing in that I did not initially recognize Hover
as CSS2 related. I plunged into the middle of the pond from standing in
water only ankle deep ... and almost drowned. By the time I get to CSS3,
I'll be swimming the entire pond underwater. (<:

Again, appreciate your taking the time to check it out.
Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com