[thelist] mysql to ms word for merge letter

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 04:38:00 CDT 2001

This works - I've done it at work a lot. One thing to watch though is to
make sure that you add an entry to your user table (in the mysql
database) to allow the host machine with the ODBC driver to connect and
grant them select privileges (eg INSERT INTO user VALUES
('machinename.domain.com','username','password('secretword'),'Y','N','N','N','N','N','N','N','N','N','N','N','N','N');
- ie Y for Select, N for everything else (INSERT, UPDATE etc) - amend as
appropriate. You can also substitute % for "machinename" to allow all
hosts in that domain). Once you've done this be sure to reload the grant
table else your mysql server won't read this entry and you won't be able
to connect. Either use "mysqladmin reload" (from the command line) or
within a mysql session type "FLUSH PRIVILEGES".

HTH,
Katherine