[thelist] Dreamweaver or NetObjects

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Apr 18 11:36:27 CDT 2001

At 08:34 AM 4/18/2001, you wrote:
>At the risk of starting a "religious war", I am wondering whether I should
>upgrade my NetObjects Fusion 5.0 to Fusion MX.  Though I mostly handcode
>using

Norman....

They are two different tools for two different jobs. I don't use
Dreamweaver (yet, although I have DW 4), but I use NetObjects 4 and 5 for a
few of my clients that require updating every month for newsletters and
such. I normally hand code the rest with Homesite.

I find NetObject a great tool for quick mockups and for posting monthly
content. Since I'm doing a lot of dynamic content now with Perl and ASP,
NetObjects is not the correct tool - and I use Homesite for the this.

Heck when I really need to manipulate text, I use TextPad. It's blockmode
select and paste is great.

Just fill up your toolbox with items you find useful.

----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys