[thelist] Dreamweaver or NetObjects

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Apr 18 12:41:07 CDT 2001

At 11:57 AM 4/18/2001, you wrote:
> > And don't get me started on Dreamweaver's constant use of <FONT>
> > tags.  It's just all too easy to write bad code in Dreamweaver if you don't
> > know any better (and if you know better, you usually don't use
> Dreamweaver).
>
>Actually, I do know better and I use DreamWeaver for basic HTML pages and site
>layout.  If there's Cold Fusion to do, I'll do it in CF Studio.  In my
>experience, Dreamweaver only puts in font tags if you set a font attribute.
>There are some quirks about it that can be frustrating, but the font tag isn't
>one of them if you avoid using the font tag yourself.

However, in a multi-user environment (with clients who don't know any
better and designers who should), it's all too easy to go: "How do I do
fonts?  Oh, here they are."  And bam.  You've got <FONT> tags.  And the
clients and designers are blissfully ignorant of the problem.

...until it's pointed out to them and I watch as their eyes glaze over as I
explain to them about Cascading StyleSheets.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive