[thelist] HTML coding for preloading an immage

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Wed Apr 18 19:48:41 CDT 2001

You can use the "loading..." scenario, where you start your movie with a
quick-loading graphic animation which loops through repeatedly until a
certain frame (which you can specify) loads. There may be a "loop until
frame z has loaded" pre-built action. Or you may have to attach an action to
frame g which tells the player to proceed if frame z is loaded or go back to
frame a and play again if not.

Also, jerky playback is not just a matter of preloading. A lot of it has to
do with processor speed, and the relative demand placed on the processor by
what your movie is doing.

am i helping or hurting?
matt