[thelist] Please tell me why I hate Flash

H. G. Quinn hgquinn at attglobal.net
Thu Apr 19 06:29:59 CDT 2001

Some of the sites listed in MM's site of the day section
(http://www.macromedia.com/showcase) are great, and may change your mind.  Some
won't.  There are some novel uses for Flash in e-retailing -- my favorite is:
http://www.timbuk2.com, which lets you build a customer messenger bag, then
place your order for it.  It's a stunning site, and uses Flash the way it should
be used, IMO.  The animated, gaming and interactive qualities of Flash are fully
used, but they're so well integrated with the function of the site that they
simply enhance your visit there, rather than "impress" you.  I can see this
approach being used for B-to-B situations where will be custom manufacturing or
options ordering.

--
Cheers,

Heather Quinn