[thelist] Please tell me why I hate Flash

sales at iibiz.com sales at iibiz.com
Thu Apr 19 12:23:27 CDT 2001

Kevin,

In addition to all the wonderful responses already posted here, the main
deterant that works for me to not design an entire site in Flash is this:

"You are truly going to budget the money AND time/people to design and
maintain/update TWO sites?  You CANNOT have an all Flash site without a
backup HTML site for those who do not have Flash installed.  To ignore an
entire percentage of your surfing public is quit dangerous to your
business."

Of course, so far, no one has actually wanted to pay for the "double" work
for me.  Which is fine with me.  In addition, updating Flash sites is much
more time consuming.

Good luck with the Head Honcho,

Sandy