[thelist] CF: Style sheets fail with cfincludes?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Apr 20 02:22:49 CDT 2001

>  I'm not sure I completely understand the situation. It
>  sounds like you mean that the style sheet is being sent,
>  but the styles are not being applied to elements within
>  the page.

Sorry, I was kind of unclear on that issue, let me illustrate. I
usually include the top and bottom branding templates in the
application file, and OnRequestEnd. The top template contains the
HTML and stylesheets and general javascript. This usually works fine
for the whole page, but sometimes, only a part of the page fails to
respond to the stylesheet formatting.

<!--- Include the top branding template (with local stylesheet here) --->
    <cfinclude template="#SomeQuery.TemplateTop#">

<!--- Add some sort of functionality here --->
    <cfmodule
       Buncha attributes

<!--- Include some sort of form here. --->
    <cinfinclude template="stuff"> <-- HTML fails to take on style.

<!--- Add some more stuff here --->
    <cinfinclude template="stuff">

<!--- Do something else here --->
    <cfmodule
       Buncha attributes

<!--- Include the bottom branding template --->
    <cfinclude template="#SomeQuery.TemplateBottom#">

Normally, the whole page renders perfectly, but occasionally, I've
been noticing that one of the documents included or moduled will not
take the formatting for the HTML (example: my H1, or TH, or P are
browser default in presentation) while most of the others render
correctly.

It's my understanding that CF will parse a page, recurse over as many
includes and modules as necessary. (I've never gone deeper than two,
and infrequently) It will then build the page in ram and send the
product to the webserver, which sends it to my browser. If this is
the case, the whole shebang should display correctly, or not at all.

Wierdness. Ideas?

--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com