[thelist] newbie alert! Question about .asp

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usaiss.com
Fri Apr 20 11:54:03 CDT 2001

If you're associating a checkbox with a recipe name, you'll have to combine
the two and verify the checkbox's status.
For example:

Pseudo-code:
***
User checks "on" the checkbox next to recipe number 1 and 2.
User clicks on submit
Your active server page verifies the status of the checkbox and acts
accordingly (in this case, showing that specific recipe so it can be
printed).
***

Regular Code - Loop through the recipies with this code to show checkboxes
next to each.
***
Response.Write(objRS("RecipeName") & "<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME=Recipes
VALUE=" & objRS("RecipeName" & ">")
.
.
'Then on the results page, you can check the results of this with:
<% = Request.Form("recipes") %>
***

Whatever is contained in the <% = Request.Form("recipes") %> will output to
the screen for you to make sure its returned properly.  Once you've verified
its doing what you'd like, remove the response.write and use it to build a
SQL string to query the DB with.

Is this what you're trying to do, or did I get too far away from what you're
talking about?

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.