[thelist] rowset doesn't support fetching backwards??

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Fri Apr 20 15:36:05 CDT 2001

hiya A!

>You don't need to move to the last record to do an insert.

i'm well aware of that. it's after i do the insert that i need move to the
last record, or so i thought.

>Aslo you need to open up a record set,

so you are saying i need a *second* recordset? i already am using one,
called rsInsertRec, which i used to do the insert.

>pass the query "Select @@IDENTITY as ID" (save that to a variable) prior to
closing the DB Connection.

Access 2000, my database, apparently doesn't support this, as I noted in my
question. is this untrue? is @@IDENTITY supported in Access 2000?

tia,

fortune

Systems Inc.