[thelist] MYSQL Select from Table(s)

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at 123piano.com
Sat Apr 21 03:33:58 CDT 2001

> Thanks for the tips on db to ms word the other night.  Got it working fine
> (haven't got it into word yet but can at least get the info from the db
and
> have it delimited with what ever I like..just need to work out what is
best
> for import into word as a data file...)

Sorry to answer to the previous question, but have you tried myodbc? With
this odbc driver for mysql, you can directly use your mysql data in any
office application. The data can come both from your local machine or from a
remote computer.

The advantage : you don't need to do any extra work to have your data ready.

Just tested it : it works from any mysql datasource within word / office.

It must be easier than converting your data to some kind of csv files. Let
me know if it is usefull for you and if you need more help.

Good luck !

Philippe