[thelist] Please tell me why I hate Flash

sales at iibiz.com sales at iibiz.com
Sun Apr 22 10:45:57 CDT 2001

Deke - Erik,

How boring the world would be if we all thought the same way, right?

Two things two consider:

#1 - citing the manufacturers' web site as the be all, end all authority on
their own product is silly.  (And yes, I see people do it all the time.)
Their statisics on how many people have it installed are inflated, and of
course they're gonna say it's the best thing in the world.  It's THEIR
product!  I know I've seen statistics on-line by "outside" parties that show
the number is much lower.  For the same reason we have things like Consumers
Report and that we all do so much searching online to check out things we're
going to buy, you can't always believe what the manufacturer says is 100%
true.  (And yes, I know you're gonna want a URL, so I'll start looking for
that.)

#2 - As surfers, we go to Pepsi, Coke, VW and the like, expecting them to
have million dollar web sites, and we're willing to wait for the download
just to see what they've done and what they've gotten for all that money.
Unfortunately, I don't think most of us on the list are working on sites for
Fortune 100 Companies.  When you do a site for a small-mid-large company,
usability IS the key.  How are you going to sell THEIR widgets when your
site takes forever to open, and all your competitors don't.  The key to
business success - online AND off - is to make it easy for people to do
business with you.  And that is number one priority, plain and simple.

Enough of my ramble - have a great Sunday,

Sandy