[thelist] Please tell me why I hate Flash

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Apr 22 20:28:28 CDT 2001

The rest of this is to farcical to respond to, but I am too evil to
let this slip under the radar:

At 7:45 AM -0400 4/22/01, deke wrote:
>  > Here is some interesting info:
>>  http://www.macromedia.com/software/player_census/flashplayer/
>
>That page says there are 340,603,938 worldwide users of Flash
>multimedia player, which is 80 million more people than are online.
>
>http://cyberatlas.internet.com/big_picture/geographics/article/0,1323,5911_151151,00.html

Ringmaster: "Deke! Assuming there are 374 million web users and 340
million of them have the Flash Player, how many DON'T have the Flash
Player?"

[drum roll as Deke presses his tongue to one side of his mouth and
drools out the other]

Deke: "Negative 80 million! That's my final answer!" ...

It's beyond me why someone who cares so little for Flash would make
so much noise about it. I read that the Luddites did stuff like lay
down on railroad tracks to try to stop the trains ... maybe this is
similar.

"Choo-choo"

--
- Erik Mattheis