[thelist] anonymous domain registration?

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Apr 23 12:26:07 CDT 2001

> What do you mean by anonymous? So that if someone does a Whois it
> doesn't turn up their name?

Yes.

> Do what Anthony suggested ... hotmail/yahoo account, PO Box, use a
> company name not a personal name, etc. Shouldn't be TOO hard.

I think we're looking for more anonymous though these are good ideas.
However, all of the above can be traced back to registration and/or credit
cards.

I'm thinking that he needs three things --
1. anonymous domain registration (not too big of a deal since all netsol
really needs is an email address)
2. an anonymous email address -- could use hotmail etc. but those addresses
seem really easy to gain access to/shut down
3. anonymous host registration -- this is a little sticky since they'll need
credit card payment but, then again, maybe a money order with a years worth
of hosting...?

Anyone remember back in the day there was much noise regarding the use of
anonymous remailers for email? I know a few of those services got shut-down
in the whole scientology debacle back in like '96. Do people still use
remailers? Do they still exist?

Thanks for your ideas!

- amanda