[thelist] ColdFuser

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Mon Apr 23 13:04:18 CDT 2001

Hi Sean,
Don't know if this is what you're looking for...
For my simple needs, I've got this:
A little HP5500 with 64M RAM running Windows 98. I eventually found/loaded
Personal Web Server, downloaded a trial of CF Professional, and turned
de-bugging on in the CF Administrator. My CF life has improved 100% since I
did this. I previously tried CF EXpress for a while, but the un-supported
tags were a real problem after (no <cftry/catch> for instance). Now I've had
to purchase CF Studio, just so I can have the single user CF Server
liscense. Worth it, even though i've never used Studio (and develop on
Macs). I use Serve-U FTP to upload files accross my network, which has
worked smoothly since the instant I did it.

This is not a heavy-duty set-up, but it is fast/easy/relatively painless.
For the record,it was more difficult finding/activating PWS than anything
else. (can't remember where PWS is right now either)

matt