[thelist] using SSI within a .cgi page

David Prowak prowak at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 16:17:54 CDT 2001

Marty,

I'm trying to allow my users to update a portion of
a CGI created page.  (They need to add some text to
the heading of the page.)   All that I've read about
SSI indicated it might be a good solution towards
allowing the users the ability to update a small
portion of their site.  Then I read about the .shtml
requirement, and that's why I posted.

I could get the CGI script to write the actual SSI
statement, but still the page would not have a .shtml
extension.

Back to the drawing board I guess....