[thelist] Windows FTP clients? (leech FTP, or Smart FTP)

Charles Wilson me at charlesw.com
Tue Apr 24 17:32:30 CDT 2001

I tend to use LeechFTP for long download/upload of multiple files.

I allows for the transfer of multiple files at one time.  So, if you happen
to be uploading a large amount of small files you can kick up the transfers
to 8 simultaneous.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated and some of the
dialogs appear in German.
OK?  /   Abbrecchen?
It isn't very user-friendly.  That is what I use sometimes.

Smart FTP looks interesting, I liked the screenshot I saw at download.com,
and I also like the idea of drag/ drop functionality. specifying folders on
my local drive is tedious.  From what I see, Smart FTP looks good for you.

Don't forget that internet explorer and Netscape support FTP in the browser;
ftp://USERNAME:Password@HOST.com/FOLDER  for quick and dirty ftp action.

-Charles Wilson