[thelist] Usability/Esthetics: Drop Downs vs. Check Boxes

Phil Constant pbcons at sail45design.com
Tue Apr 24 20:44:45 CDT 2001

We're working with a client that will have a *global* presence. They want a
country list available to users on a page but want to use check boxes for
damn near each and every %$&* country in the world (up to 95 and counting).
Said client doesn't like drop down lists. We've used the usual arguments
and keep coming back to "clutter" , etc (politely of course). Can I ask the
experts from evolt to provide some quotes/comments that will help us change
their minds? Or even, change our mind if necessary? We be open!

Thanks,
pbcons