[thelist] OT: Job Market

Michael Buffington mike at price.com
Wed Apr 25 15:23:46 CDT 2001

I was curious if anyone else besides me is having a difficult time finding
work, either contract work or perm.

I keep hearing things like "The tech sector unemployment rate is lower than
it's ever been" and "There are a wealth of positions available" but I have
found nearly the exact opposite to be true.

I'd be interested in hearing, onlist or off, experiences fellow evolters
have.

And should I be totally ashamed to mention that my resume is available at
http://www.michaelbuffington.com/resume, and that I am actively looking for
work?

And because this is an off topic post, a tip:

<tip type="ColdFusion" author="Michael Buffington">
Did you know that you can pass queries to a custom tag very easily?  Simply
"copy" the query to the request scope like this:

  <cfquery name="QueryName" datasource="#request.dsn#">
  exec sp_foo
  </cfquery>
  <cfset request.QueryName= QueryName>

In your custom tag, the query will be available by refering to the
request.QueryName variable just as you would the original QueryName.
</tip>

Michael Buffington
http://www.michaelbuffington.com
mike at stompzine.com