[thelist] HTML Dead?

Josh Spiegel joshsquared at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 18:50:22 CDT 2001

That is really surprising.  I would suspect that when XHTML really becomes
prevalent that old html pages will still work.  I know that with IE 6 you
can use DOCTYPE headers to tell the browser what you are coding(Like
standards or the old stuff).  If you put doctype headers in you html pages
it might override XHTML if it ever becomes the default.
-josh
>I need some opinions on this one. I have just read that as of APRIL 10,
2001 that HTML was declared DEAD...It is now part of XML. The W3 made it
official that XHTML 1.0 is the official new standard, Should we now modify
our webpages to the XHTML? I found a program called HTML KIT