[thelist] OT: Job Market

Darrell King darrell at webctr.com
Thu Apr 26 07:48:55 CDT 2001

agreed.  I'm in Rochester (near Buffalo, NY), and we are still plugging
along.   If you make money on a free ride, you have to realise the ride
can stop at any time.  Free-spending wild west vc funding was a free ride.

A basic premise of my business plan was that I make a profit.  Not
counting investments (of which there are none.)  That meant a sensible
approach to equipment, software and labor.  THere's no way I would have
succeeded in an atmosphere where there are 10 providers for every client,
or where operating costs were multiples of the national standard...:)