[thelist] CF Message Board

Chris Silwedel chrisilw at adel.tafe.sa.edu.au
Thu Apr 26 20:41:19 CDT 2001

Hi everyone

I'm about to try and tackle a simple message board in CF. On a basic level I
think I can do this quite comfortably but there's one thing which i'm a bit
unsure of.

Basically i'd like the user to be able to enter a new subject name and an
accompanying message on the one form. I've designed the database to have a
table for subject and for messages. messages will be linked to subject.
problem is, how do i create a new entry in the subject table AND put the new
subject id into the message table for the link?

did that make sense? hope so - any shedding of light would be greatly
appreciated!

thanks in advance, Chris