[thelist] Home networking help - Win98

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 09:23:16 CDT 2001

Pick or create a directory on the shared machine, then
right click that folder and choose sharing, then give
it full permissions and probably best to assign a
password.

then from the other machine, in network neighborhood,
choose it, find the shared folder, should prompt for
password, then you have access to read/write.  You can
even map that folder to a drive letter for easier
access.

Is this a TCP/IP network?  You might want to add
NetBeui protocol as well for file sharing.  Don't know
if it's required but I've heard some strange cases so
you might as well just add it, I always do.