[thelist] Staving Off Photo Thieves

Angie McKaig amckaig at masterfile.com
Fri Apr 27 11:16:37 CDT 2001

Nicholas wrote:

> So far I haven't seen one I couldn't
> circumvent in three easy steps:

> 1. Take a screenshot
> 2. Paste the screenshot into Photoshop
> 3. Crop out what I don't need

> The entire process takes less than two minutes,
> and it seems to work on Digimarks, too.

Just to throw my $.02 in here... even taking a screenshot of a
Digimarked image and pasting that screen into Photoshop will not
get rid of the Digimark... it still shows up. That's why most
photo houses and image banks use it to protect their copyright.

Hope that helps,

Angie McKaig

work @ http://www.masterfile.com/
  me @ http://www.angiemckaig.com/