[thelist] Rollover that changes to an animation that loops only once

Elly elly at mac.com
Sat Apr 28 01:17:54 CDT 2001

I designed a rollover that image changes to an animation that loops
only once. In IE 5 Mac, It plays correctly once, then subsequent
times you mouseover, the last image (the animation completely loaded)
of the animation plays before the animation sequence. This seems like
the image is cached, but even an option - reload won't play it
properly again, only quitting the browser and relaunching will again
play it only once correctly.

I've tried this with four different JavaScript codes; my old favorite
from Doc JavaScript, Dreamweaver's with and without preloading
images, and ImageReady's. Is there something funny with Dreamweaver's
rollover code that supposedly does not preload images? I suspect this
is what I need, since an animation already loaded ends up at the last
frame.

It does not happen in NN6, NN 4.76, or iCab. It doesn't make a
difference if I have IE cache set at 0. I'm suspecting there's no way
around this and it's a quirk of IE 5. It's just not noticeable if a
rollover image animation is one that loops forever, since it doesn't
matter where it starts.

Does anyone know of an example a rollover that image changes to an
animation that loops only once, or a workaround for this?
--
Elly

http://www.echozone.com/