[thelist] Online documentation

webmaster at menouno.com webmaster at menouno.com
Mon Apr 30 03:54:58 CDT 2001

On 30 Apr 2001, at 1:05, sfmalo wrote about Re:
[thelist] Online documentation:

> The documentation is absolutely loaded with screen shots, many of
> which stretch almost clear across the landscape page.

[...]

> On the other hand, if she converts the Word file to PDF, not so sure
> how Acrobat 4.0 is going to handle landscape pages ...

no problem with landscape, it's just a matter of settings, but
producing PDF files from W is not fun. I prefer to use a page lay-out
program like PageMaker, which generally gives me cleaner and smaller
files

> and it's going to be an enormous file. Download time could be very
> lengthy

definitely. Especially if the idea is having print quality PDFs. If
you're going to put 72dpi images in your manual, I would go HTML.
And maybe have a higher quality PDF version divided into chapters,
linked from the HTML pages. And - final touch - your client could
distribute a high-res PDF version on CD-rom

my 2 cents

ciao

Massimo