[thelist] Web Design Test

Jon Haworth JHaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 04:07:38 CDT 2001

What about a page full of missing </td>s, broken links, typos, over-use of
Frontpage-style <font face="Arial"><font
thing)

All you say is "Fix this up."

Watch them for attention to detail (particularly on copy checking - hence
the inclusion of typos), whether they try and validate the page, if they
streamline your tag soup into something a little lighter, and so on.

If you want to incorporate Photoshop into the mix, you could always do the
classic marketing gambit of handing them a sketch and saying "create this
page". Alternatively, get them to recreate evolt.org without looking at
their source code.

HTH
Jon