[thelist] "Viewed" link with image????

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Mon Apr 30 13:47:59 CDT 2001

Sandy,

dunno about a js-solution for changing the viewed images ('xept if you'd
go on and throw the images on that page with javascript*), but if you
give the image a border, then your visitor will seee the difference
between the, say, blue border of not-yet viewed ones, and the, say,
purple border of those already visited...

*javascript-solution:

similar to the basic rollover-script, you could define some arrays, give
them a specific name, like, viewed_img#.src="yourImage.jpg", and have
the click handle the image-swapping...

hth

david

On 29.04.2001 at 20:38 Uhr, sales at iibiz.com wrote:

> Evening all!
>
> I have a client with a table of contents, with images that say "View", and
> you click on the image to go to the document.
>
> There's lots of them, and I think it's cruel that people can't tell which
> ones they've already viewed.
>
> I wanted to make the "titles" non-underlined links as well, so they could
> pick up the "viewed" attributes, but he doesn't like that.
"we don't see that we don't see what we can't see" (H. v. Foerster)

david braun  |  david.braun at centralnet.ch  |  icq 105127124