[fwd] RE: [thelist] Rollover that changes to an animation that loops only once

H. G. Quinn hgquinn at attglobal.net
Mon Apr 30 16:56:29 CDT 2001

I'll weigh in on this...since the animated version is only needed at rollover
time, why limit the loop to a one-time play?  Use an infinite loop at a slow
frame rate, so the user has a high chance of seeing at least one, but
hopefully no more than one, transition during the mouseover state.  I did a
test with frame rate at 1 frame per second.  A bit slow, I'd change it to 1
frame per half or quarter second.  With the infinite loop, the animated image
didn't have to be re-served for the animation to play, so it worked with all
major browsers.

--
Cheers,

Heather Quinn