[thelist] Windows '98 Instability

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Tue May 1 01:17:21 CDT 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Martin wrote:

> webmaster at menouno.com wrote on 30/4/01 10:49 pm
>
> >> My Windows '98 machine, about 1 1/2 years old, is becoming more and
> >> more unstable.

If this has already been mentioned, I apologize in advance...

Fonts.

If you've got too many files in your Fonts Folder ( > 500) it's definitely
a case of 'Aboandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here.'

The system will run, but will also crash a lot more often.

I am late to this thread because I normally assume that "Windows 98
Instability" is to be assumed, much like "NT Security Hole" or "RAM
Allocated to Netscape Can't Be Allocated back to the OS After Close."

:-)

Another possiblity would be:  if you've un-installed any apps... but not
un-installed them properly...

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."