[thelist] (homesite edit mode- autocomplete off?)

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Tue May 1 10:08:01 CDT 2001

At 10:22 AM 5/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Also make sure you have the latest service pack. I don't know if the CD
>contains it or not, but you should be running version 4.5.2, not 4.5.

Yes, I do have the 4.5.2 version. And, when I started having problems on my
new machine, I naturally went to the Allaire/Macromedia web site. That's
where several articles on Windows resource allocation were linked. And, the
forums (this was a couple of weeks ago) do state Homesite runs on Win95,
Win98, Win NT, but they stop short with WinMe and from what I read,
Homesite is not officially compatible with WinMe and guess what my new
machine came with??

So, since I don't really want to shell out any more money at this point in
time for Win 2000 (still paying for the computer), I'm going to stick with
HKit. Although, I will probably have to budget Win2000 eventually based on
all the stuff I've read.

Now that I know about that resource meter, it just makes me ill to see how
much gets sucked up just opening the HS program and I've tried to turn off
just about everything to conserve resources.

<t />