[thelist] link checking software?

Jon Haworth JHaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Tue May 1 10:59:31 CDT 2001

Praise Xenu!

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

HTH
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Fortune Elkins [mailto:fortune_elkins at summithq.com]
Sent: 01 May 2001 16:51
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: [thelist] link checking software?

hi!

we're interested in a new link checker. our current one just "spiders," a
consequence of which is that when it meets a broken link on a page, it
stops. so you have to fix a link, re-check, etc.

is there a link checker that will check go through all the directories and
documents on a site and compile a comprehensive report all at once, so we
don't have to do this iterative process?

the spider problem is that we fix a link, re-run, and get more bad links.
this might make a non-savvy management feel like we're not fixing links.
they say, well, you fixed it, but there are more broken ones! can't you fix
them all? plus it's just so much more convenient to be able to get a
complete report.

all URLs and recommendations deeply appreciated!

tia,

fortune

'The information included in this Email is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether
inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality'