[thelist] FTP with Homesite/ CF Studio- How to make it work?

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue May 1 12:37:06 CDT 2001

> Does studio only let you either:
> - upload a whole site,
> or
> - Make Javascript code to upload certain things?

Your talking about 2 different things:

1) Studio has what are called Deployment Scripts. These Scripts use Studio's
script model to push files to remote servers. The scripts can even check to
see if a file has been updated before uploading. This is a _very_ broad
topic so I just suggest you check the VTOM docs. (Visual Tools Object Model)

2) Studio can create 'remote' servers. These can be done either via FTP or
RDS. When you create a server like this, you can browser the remote server
as if it were a local drive. So, you cna open, edit, and save a file as if
it were on your harddrive.

> Has anyone done simple upload-1-page transactions in FTP with CF Studio?

This can be done via the VTOM, but if you just want to save a file to a
remote server, just define the remote server and do a simple "Save As."

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482