[thelist] Windows '98 Instability

Daniel S. O'Shea doshea at surfree.com
Tue May 1 15:46:31 CDT 2001

Win98 is the most stable of 95, 98 and ME. They all, within two years (ME,
about 4 days...) need a fresh install, or as in the Re: post copying Windows
files. BIG TIP: DO NOT USE WinME. You think you get freeze up with 95 or 98?
Wait 'til you use ME.

Also, if you have programs in your system tray file, just because you don't
have the program 'open', it's still taking up resources.

I moved over to Windows 2000 and that baby rocks. No more freeze. If one
develops, Win 2000 is ideal. The personal server setup (What setup?) is a
"Look Ma, no hands!".

Dan O.