[thelist] When Microsoft admits its an extremely serious vuln erability

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Tue May 1 15:57:47 CDT 2001

Eeye are the folks who discovered this hole.  Just your basic buffer
overrun.  Eeye has a tool that automates the discovery of these sorts of
buffer overrun conditions.  You would think that Microsoft would use a
similar tool...

Original advisory: http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AD20010501.html

<tip type="NT Security" author="Judah McAuley">
         If you want a relatively low volume, moderated mailing list to
keep abreast of NT/2000 security breeches, I recommend NTBugTraq.
         http://www.ntbugtraq.com/
</tip>