[thelist] Acrobat Web capture

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 21:44:23 CDT 2001

> From: Peter Kaulback <pkaulbak at idirect.ca>
>
> No spidering, just the straight PDF.  They had it on their laptop
> (they don't have any desktops), and they asked me to copy it to my
> desktop, which I think I mostly did.  They approached me with the idea
> that this was the mockup from which to build from, I informed them
> after I had copied it that the work looked like that of another
> designer and they quietly dropped the matter.  I thought they had
> archived the whole thing.

wow... seems pretty dim of them... surprised they had the gall to
do it, but then remember that *all* clients have those phases...

> My friend has the PDF copy and the test server is closed down
> presently.  And he did get his 75% payment plus they signed the
> copyright to him in lieu of maintenance.

not so bad... as long he knows they're peddling his stuff around...

> Does Acrobat translate ASP, PHP, or CFML?

absolutely... in fact, it almost warrants a place in the browser
archive... it renders much like IE3...

if you want me to do a quick capture, gimme a URL and i can send
you one off-list...