list confrontations, was: [thelist] Org Chart?

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Wed May 2 05:04:35 CDT 2001

>C'mon Andrew...you've been here long enough to know that that's just how he
>is...confrontational.

Well, there's a thin line to judge between reading a request as
'inexperienced-and-honestly-asking-for-advice' and
'lazy-assed-developer-wanting-something-for-nothing' ... we've all
been in the former position, and most of us have at least
occasionally been in the latter. Personally I'm in favour of cutting
some slack.

>What makes you think he doesn't intend to be? Every indication *I* get
>suggests that that's exactly how he intends to be..

It was a 'benefit of the doubt' thing.

<tip type="client entertainment" author="andrew">
Dan offered a great tip a while back about using mineral, or at least
filtered water, for ice cubes when preparing client cocktails. I'd
like to just quietly remind everyone that when you prepare either
martini cocktails or manhattans, you do NOT shake the drink, EVER.
This is the cocktail equivalent to putting yoghurt in coffee -- which
I might add, is never a good thing. These cocktails are delicate
preparations that need to be prepared with the proper degree of
respect. Stir them gently, strain them, and serve.
</tip>
--
Andrew Forsberg
http://www.thepander.co.nz/