[thelist] Top of page breadcrumb navigation

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed May 2 16:21:31 CDT 2001

On Wednesday, May 2, 2001, at 05:11 PM, Alice Hendricks wrote:

> Hi, I'm hoping you can refresh my memory here about a thread awhile back
> (yes I searched the archive) where someone was commenting on the
> dynamically
> generated sub-navigation that informs users where they are in the site,
> by
> "path" that looks like:
>
> mainpage > section  > sub-section > article > etc.

Most often they are referred to as "Breadcrumbs".  There are a few
articles on the evolt.org site offering code and examples in different
languages - perl, php, and asp.

You can get to them all by reading Martin's article "Breadcrumbs for
All":

http://www.evolt.org/article/Breadcrumbs_for_All/17/4428/index.html

Links to the ASP and PHP versions are in the comments.

HTH!

bob
--
bob davis