[thelist] Org Chart?

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Thu May 3 06:35:33 CDT 2001

Martin Burns sensibly noted that:

> Hm. Most software you'd need to buy 2 licenses if you were putting it
> on 2 PCs.

Some allow you to load it on as many PCs as you like as long as it's only in
use by the one person who licensed the software.

This then covers the 'road warrior' [sic] situation.

Most of the PM software we use allows us to do that.

<tip type="software savings" author ="Ricky Doodalus">
If you use a PC and occasionally do a bit of 'value added reselling' then
Partnering with Microsoft has it's advantages: see
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/partner for UK consultants and the slightly more
restrictive http://www.microsoft.com/directaccess if you're US based (there
may be other similar plans elsewhere) which cover "resellers, consultants,
VARs, value-added providers, systems integrators, ISVs and
custom-application developers, system builders, hosters, service providers,
and IT professionals who sell Microsoft products and/or provide solutions to
third-party customers based on Microsoft products and technologies".

Effectively you get $10k of software and a day's training for $449/?199 per
annum.

Recommended.

</tip>

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"