[thelist] CF requirement for Cyrilic Font which happens to be unicode

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Thu May 3 13:26:29 CDT 2001

> At 10:03 AM 5/3/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >CF _can_ work w/ unicode if your careful. CF only seems to
> corrupt Unicode
> >when you perform string functions on it, or use tags like
> CFINSERT (although
> >not CFQUERY). If your requirements are simple, you __may__ be
> able to work
> >just fine with it.
>
> Could you expand on this?  All I had ever heard was CF = NO UNICODE!  I
> haven't seen any documents breaking down which parts of CF are
> unicode safe
> and which parts aren't.

I really can't expand more on it cuz I haven't actually _tried_ to do this.
I'm only repeating things I've heard in the past. You will just have to play
and see. I'm sorry, it's not the best answer. Trust me, _many_ people have
been begging for UNICODE.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482