[thelist]   in XSL

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri May 4 01:31:58 CDT 2001

i'm trying to insert a non-breaking space into my XSL document (so
that   gets rendered to my HTML output)... however, it does
not want to work... so, after some searching, i found two possible
ways to do it:

this doesn't seem to work at all:
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&nbsp;</xsl:text>

so i tried this:
  <![CDATA[ ]]>
which renders as ' '... but if i do <![CDATA[>]]>, it renders as
'&gt;'...  seems to work for other entities as well... but not a non-
breaking space character...

so, does anyone know how to get a '&nbsp;' string out of XSL
without it just spitting a space character?

my resources for this info were:

16 Output
 http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.html#output

specifically: