[thelist] CGI.pm for ASP?

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Fri May 4 08:39:36 CDT 2001

While my perl is rusty and my in depth knowledge of CGI.pm isn't (in depth
that is) I think I'm pretty safe in saying that there isn't one - mostly
because much of what is covered in CGI.pm is implemented directly in ASP's
various objects.

For instance, the query object in CGI.pm is pretty much the equivalent to
the Request object in ASP. Cookies are also covered in the Request object as
is output to the browser.

I'm not used to the parts of CGI.pm which out put form elements because even
when I programmed in perl I created those myself.

Perhaps someone else knows whether there's something that "simplifies" the
process of outputting forms and such. Otherwise I think you'll find that
most of the taska that were time consuming in perl (fetching form values for
instance) are already simplified almost as much as possible in ASP. (PHP
takes it one step further IMHO by making form variables available directly
rather than through an object).

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net