[thelist] domain self-hosting

sarah disaster7 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 10:31:01 CDT 2001

I'm interesting in hosting my domains from my home
computer, instead of paying someone somewhere else to
host it. I know this is possible, but I'm not really
sure of the specifics of what I need to do. I've read
up on BIND some, and don't really know where to start.
If someone knows of some articles to help me get
started it would be great. The hosting computer would
be running redhat 7.0 and apache, and I have a cable
modem through AT&T. One problem I suspect is that they
won't let me have a static IP address. I've tried to
talk to AT&T about it, but they aren't very helpful.
Hopefully someone out there has done this before and
can help me, or point me towards something.

Thanks,
Sarah