[thelist] IE6 will not support all cookies

Ryan Finley RyanF at SonicFoundry.com
Fri May 4 13:55:35 CDT 2001

<<
Hmm. Didn't we have a discussion here the other week
about whether, all things being equal, it was a good
idea for new browsers to fail backwards-compatibility?

FWIW, I don't think I really give a monkeys either way
but it was worth pointing out...

Hmmm...from the article:

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/security/privacy/ie6privacyfeature.asp)

It says that IE will accept first-party cookies even if they do not adhere
to the privacy protocol.  They will just be downgraded to "session" cookies.
So your site will still work, but you will not get to indefinitely store
your cookie on the user's machine.

<<
This is A Good Thing.

And I suppose that we'll be seeing a positive article on Slashdot
soon?....NOT!

	Ryan Finley
	President - SurveyMonkey.com (http://www.surveymonkey.com)