[thelist] [fwd] quick PHP question

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri May 4 14:40:05 CDT 2001

This message was held by thelist software and
is being manually forwarded by a list admin.
Please remember to send emails in plain-text
format only, or they will not reach thelist
until it is later forwarded by a list admin.

I know nothing about PHP. I need to install a mail form for a client
.. the server has PHP, and am I correct that the whole directory
should be set to the same permission for php to work - and therefore
I won't have to change permissions on any files for stuff they have
me do in the future? Their hosting company has to change permission
(despite the fact that this is a co-located server!) ... what should
I tell them to set permissions to ... and the whole directory? - is
this error due to incorrect permissions?

<?php

phpinfo()

php?>

I get

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/linksol/htdocs/test.php on line 12

line 12 is last line of of code posted.

--
- Erik Mattheis

http://gozz.com/