[thelist] SSI on NT, Printer-Friendly Pages

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat May 5 00:10:38 CDT 2001

> From: "Amy Gilliland" <agilliland at geosolutions.com>
>
> I think that my syntax is correct I took it from
> http://wsabstract.com/howto/conssi.shtml

but it's not right... either your using ASP, or you're using something
else... i'm assuming you're using ASP since you said there are
other pages in the same place with .asp extensions...

> The following will include both files.
>
> <!--#if expr="${HTTP_USER_AGENT} = /MSIE/" -->
> <!--#include file="file1.htm" -->
> <!--#else -->
> <!--#include file="file2.htm" -->
> <!--#endif -->

re-read the ASP code i sent last night... replace 'do this' and 'do
that' with your include directives... replace the name/value in the
request at the top of the script block with the name/value pair for
which you are testing...

> Do I have to update the dll that IIS uses to parse the page?

nope.  wrong tree.

> I'm not using .asp pages, I just have other .asp applications on the
> same site so I'm stuck using IIS (IIS 4.0 on NT 4 sp6)

so, yes, you are using ASP... don't write your code in non-
VBScript unless you specifically define the language at the top of
your script...